The UGA Psychology Clinic Undergraduate Internship position is available to UGA psychology majors who have an interest in clinical psychology and want to gain knowledge and experience in a clinical setting. A year-long commitment to the position is required. The internship will be taken for course credit in the Department of Psychology (PSYC 4800). The internship involves an approximately 9-hour time commitment per week.
Undergraduate Interns at the UGA Psychology Clinic help with a variety of tasks including general administrative work, organizational tasks, special projects, and clinic upkeep and maintenance. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in practicum meetings with the Clinic Director, Associate Clinic Director and Graduate Clinic Assistants. Practicum is an opportunity for interns to join with graduate student therapists and their supervisor to discuss therapy cases and intakes. Interns will also participate in didactics designed to enhance understanding of ethics related to mental health treatment, treatment and assessment techniques, relevant theories, and professional development.
How to Apply
- If you are interested in the Undergraduate Internship, please provide:
- your name, phone number, UGA email address, Academic Major(s)/Minor(s), year in school, and GPA
- your resume
- a cover letter
- contact information for two references (students who have completed a PSYC 4800 Research Assistantship are encouraged to supply contact information for their faculty supervisor as one of their references)
- These application materials can be emailed to Brooke Doster (firstname.lastname@example.org) or delivered in person to the UGA Psychology Clinic (125 Baldwin Street, Athens GA 30602).
- For assistance with compiling the necessary materials, please contact the Psychology Undergraduate Advising Office (Psychology Building, room 219).
- For Spring 2022 - 11/01/2021
- For Summer 2022 - 4/18/2022
- For Fall 2022 - 7/17/2022