Research Participation Requirements
- The Psychology Department regards your exposure to psychological research as an educational experience. This is comparable to a laboratory section of introductory courses in other sciences, and it serves to acquaint students with a broad cross-section of contemporary psychological research. The participation of students is appreciated and essential to the research of the Psychology Department. Students' research contributions become a lasting part of the body of scientific psychological knowledge.
- The number of research hours you must complete depends on the course and semester you are enrolled. You will receive one half-credit (0.5) for every 30 minutes of study participation.
- Failure to fulfill the necessary hours of credit will result in a grade of Incomplete (I).
- Students and researchers should download the current RP Guidelines by clicking the link below. This file contains all of the necessary instructions for signing up for experiments and completing the Research Participation Requirement.
- Undergraduates: Click here for Summer 2017 Research Pool Guidelines
- Researcher Guidelines Summer 2017
- Researchers can click here to learn how to use the Psychology Department’s Sona Systems Website
Since Fall 2010, the Psychology Department Research Pool has been using the Sona Systems portal to manage experiment participation. Go to the Sona website for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact the Research Participant Pool Coordinator:
Jacqueline Newbold, RP Pool Coordinator
Room 431, Psychology Building